Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Levi's Story

Let me tell you a story about little Peter Rabbit. He was a baby, then he grew up big and strong. He rode a horse to fight bad guys. Then he met a squirrel. "Hello Mr. Squirrel. You have little teeny tiny ears." "No I don't, you have big ears." Then the squirrel and rabbit went of to fight bad guys with their swords. Then a little baby rabbit was born. Her name was mother father brother sister rabbit. She grew up too and helped to fight bad guys ...... (Many rabbits later) ..... A shark was chasing the rabbit and bit off his sword. "Oh no!" Then a big whale swallowed the rabbit. And inside the whale was a ship. (Mom mentioned at this point that it was starting to sound like Pinocchio, Levi admitted that it did, but that it was different too.) There was also a worm and a fish in the whale......

He told me this story for probably 30 to 45 minutes. I wish I had been sitting at the computer when he started telling it because some parts of it were really funny. But sadly I'm writing about it a day late and can't remember half of the story. I must admit, he got tuned out a bit because Andrew was fussing and Levi was going on, and on, and on, but I still did enjoy his story and I am looking forward to many more.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so cute! I just found a story that Hyrum wrote and left on the couch about a snow goose that got taken to the zoo and escaped and went all over the world in his search for home. I love to see the kid's imaginations at work. I am glad that the pictures from my blog worked out for the tie.

Desi said...

How creative! Imagination is such a vital part to healthy child development, and Levi sure has it! :) Sounds like the story got pretty long and involved. I wonder if he'll ever do any writing about his stories when he grows up?