Friday, April 10, 2009

interesting happenings

Here is a picture of some strangers I took pity on and brought home. Faces only a mother could love. I was laughing so hard when I was taking this picture, I thought it would turn out blurry. Dads are so much fun!


We have been having problems with our dryer. It takes a long time to get anything dry. Liz suggested checking the dryer vent for a clog. We found a bird nest! It had occupants, two baby birds without any feathers.  We were torn between having a functioning  dryer vent and letting the baby birds live. We came up with a great compromise. One of the baby birds died before it's parents came back, but we were glad to be able to save one little life and provide a new home for these birds. The bird house is next to the side of our house close to a magnolia tree that hangs over our fence and gives off an amazing aroma. I'm thinking of putting a bench next to the fence and making it our bird watching spot.



And last but not least......Andrew rolled over tonight, twice. I wasn't able to catch a pic, but I have two other eye wittnesses, Levi and William, who will testify. It made me excited and sad. Excited that he will be more moble soon and able to entertain himself and sad that he is growing up so fast!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the picture! Dads do help make life very interesting. Thanks for letting me know about your blog. Check out mine (amazingmommy.blogspot.com). I am not very regular either but it was so fun to see pictures of those boys that I rarely see and I know you can't wait to gaze on my own gorgeous four (almost 5). :)

The Bergquist Fam said...

hilarious picture of the boys! nice use of tape!!! glad you found the cause of your dryer mystery, and very nice bird house too.

Desi said...

What a great picture! They all looked like Dr. Suess characters! How funny! Poor little birds! But great new bird house! :)

keller said...

Um, not exactly sure what to say about that first picture. Hmm . . . life is never dull is it?

Michelle said...

That is a great picture! I have one of Nathan before we were married with those little round stickers that reinforce notebook paper stuck all over his face-- self inflicted, of course. Dads are so much fun!