Sunday, August 9, 2009

Home at Last!

We took a three week vacation to visit our family in Wyoming and Washington. We were so excited to go. We ate a lot, played a lot, and visited a lot. Thanks to everyone who put up with us. It was fun to see everyone and for our boys to make friends with their cousins and aunts and uncles.

I love the feeling of anticipation you get when returning home from a long absence. We got it three times on our trip. Once in Wyoming, again in Washington, and then in Texas as well. When we woke up the following morning I asked William "Aren't you glad to be home?" He said "No! Want Grandpa's House!" He really loved seeing the family.

We all came home sick, except Patrick. I am feeling much better, but the boys are all nursing runny noses and coughs. (Thanks Valine!) I was hoping we were going to miss swapping sicknesses, but it is inevitable when you see that much family. :)

I decided not to enroll Levi in Preschool this year. I wanted to keep our lives as uncomplicated as possible. We have started doing some preschool type activities though, just to give him something productive and uplifting to do at home. I started him in on Piano lessons, (thanks for the books Mom), and we have also been working on penmanship. I also want to work on reading and math. If anyone has some good ideas, let me know.

For those of you who have done preschool at home, or homeschooling, how do you involve all the children at their different levels of learning?(without taking up all the hours in the day? :))

I would love to hear some of your thought and ideas.

3 comments:

keller said...

Oh, goodness I have lots of ideas as I have been there and done that. I am starting homeschool this year so I may have more ideas once I get that figured out. We started doing math problems in the car (mostly to keep them from fighting), and they love it. I would just make up a story - if I wanted to dig a swimming pool and already dug 5 scoops and had to dig a total of 8 how many more do I have to dig? Lots of practice in the car. I'll email with more.

Kristin said...

We were so glad to see you guys after such a long time! I just love your little boys and getting to know their little personalities better was fun. I am going to homeschool Hyrum (well, Michelle really is) and might have some ideas in the future. Sorry, not much help right now--especially since I am starting with only 1 child and he is a 4th grader. I did hear of an idea where you keep a basket of fun things for the younger kids to do while you work with the older child that they can only have during those times. Haven't tried it. Might work. Good luck! Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy starting all these new things this year. It sounds fun!

The Davidsons said...

Thanks Justina and Kristin for the comments. I would love to hear more. Good luck with the homeschooling. I have thought about doing it. I guess this year will be a trial run to see if i have what it takes! :)